Thursday, February 16, 2012

¡feliz cumpleaños a mi!

Well...I made it to 20. I know you were all on the edge of your seats waiting for a birthday post to ensure that I did, in fact, make it out of those "angry teenager" years according to my parents...but in true procrastinator fashion, I have let my blogs slip. For that, I send you all my sincerest apologies from Europe. Shockingly I've actually been pretty busy with school recently...who knew that study abroad actually meant studying.

Since you last heard from me I had just returned from my trip to Interlaken, Switzerland, which is still one of the major highlights of my time here so far. I can't believe more than a month has already gone by--there's so much I want to do and see still, and I can't wait for the next few months! I just don't want them to fly by too fast...but I'm afraid that's inevitable, time flies when you're having fun. Now that I think about it, that's kind of how it feels to be 20 now. It's weird to say "I'm in my 20's" because I still feel like a senior in high school sometimes...but I'm supposed to be mature. What's that all about?!

My birthday was a very nice day in Madrid, I started with a great run through my favorite park as I do every day I can while I'm not traveling--I promise, getting my daily run in is in the best interest for everyone I come in contact with, I'm much more pleasant that way. Then, I met up with my friends for some lunch at the infamous Golden Cock...a few pitchers of Sangria later, I had to mosey my way over to class--yuck. However, it's refreshing how a nice early afternoon buzz can make you much more willing to participate in class!

After my classes my roommates and I headed home and then popped over next door to a tapas bar called Cien Mondatitos. Every Wednesday they have 1 euro pints of cerveza...no complaints from this girl!

We kept the birthday fun rolling that night, even despite the rain, to club orange for a europeanvibe party. Since it was my birthday, I got a free bottle of champagne and a couple round of shots for my friends and me. I even wore a dress (yes, shocking, I know) after all my friends reminded me that as the birthday girl I should try to dress up.

Unfortunately, I had to take my carriage home before it turned into a pumpkin and get some rest before class Thursday morning. I had a great birthday and am thankful for all the messages and cards I received both from Madrid and from home!


I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment